Sunday, May 12, 2013

Gramps' Birthday Trip, May 2013

May, 2013 my grandfather turned 85! We got to go to Richmond for Gramps' birthday party!

 Then, we spent a couple days touring Washington D.C. Uncle Tim took us to see the monuments at night (beautiful).
 I knew something special was happening when Andrew asked me to take his picture. First. Time. Ever. He loved this place!
We toured a couple museums and walked the mall. We enjoyed the time with my dad and cousin Joy.
 Dinner in downtown Alexandria-- another big hit :)
 My favorite was the pandas!!
 .. and this up-close encounter.
 The green crested balisk,
 the Cuban Crocodile,
 the Australian snake-necked turtle,
 the Emperor newt,
 and the hermit crab were pretty cool too.
 Andrew was fascinated with riverbeds that were full of water!
 Before hitting the road for Albany, we stopped at Mount Vernon and enjoyed those sights with Joy.
 My favorite was his mill and distillery.
 Andrew had to head back to AZ, but I drove to Albany and met with my dad, Grandpa, and Grandma Ellie for a couple more days.
A great trip!

No comments: