Saturday, August 31, 2013

"Basket" Project

What have I been doing since I quit my job? the short answer is-- Not Much!but I  have mow completed ONE project! I saw this on Pinterest and started covering the boxes months ago! The fabric was purchased and has been sitting in the corner since about Valentine's Day. So yeah, it's about time!  

So, from the beginning now:

I wanted some storage in our new shelving unit but didn't want to but expensive baskets from the store. So I took a few if my abundant medical supply boxes and covered them in twine as instructed on DIY Design Fanatic.

Then, I sound some super cute material at JoAnn's and made liners for them as instructed on Mandy's Krafty Exploits

The problem was, my measurements weren't right on, so I had to put some elastic around the edges to hold the liners in place. That was the hardest part.




It isn't anywhere near professional, but adds some color to the room. 



I also took some fabric to add some color to our solid blue window (another idea from Pinterest). I like it :)


No comments: