Monday, July 13, 2020

Favorites Round-Up

Insta-breaking has me needing to document all my favorites, and influential things of note lately:

This article where Rebecca K Reynolds looks at Trump’s style and influence. The line: “Trump sucker punched where he should have courted” spoke to my soul.

This episode of the Good Enough Podcast about how to have an integrated view of emotions, specifically anxiety. I cannot wait to get my eyeballs on Matt LaPine’s book in the Fall.

This quote from Molly Wood (emphasis mine) on Episode 222 of Make Me Smart, describing a woman in Florida speaking before her city council, "facebooking out loud. Like, she just spews a whole bunch of conspiracy theories all at once, like that 5G's going to kill you, Pizzagate, I mean it's remarkable. And what I couldn't shake from it is that it's like--I tried to tweet this with empathy, like, Don't assume this person is dumber than you. Assume that she lives in a completely different universe of information."

Also I just finished my Fiddle Leaf class and Zoom consultation with Emily at The Dossier Blog and I'm feeling so smart and ready to keep this poor plant alive!

No comments: