Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

What a monumental day! I'm know I haven't been around for many, but this election seems HUGE!

I've gone back and forth and all around on my feelings about this election. Now it looks like Obama is going to win, and that doesn't thrill me. But I also recognize that if McCain had come out ahead, I wouldn't have been optimistic either. I am confident that our next President will disappoint us a lot. It seems that Americans want a healthcare buffet, accessible and unlimited credit, and a college education for all... and I just don't think that can happen. Our great nation is already trillions and trillions of dollars in debt. And that is not sustainable, folks, but the habits that got us here haven't gone away either... But I am of the odd opinion that whatever difficulties may be on the way could be a sort of blessing in disguise...because for some reason it seems that when we are realize that money and programs and other tangible things aren't working out, we also awaken to spiritual hunger.

I do hope that whatever happens, we can look to the One who has the government on his shoulders.

I found an interesting article by the brilliant Derek Webb. Even now that the election is over, it's good food for thought. It's here.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Hmm, I like your perspective. And thanks for the Derek Webb article. I want to find out more about him, having now heard his single album and read this article. What do you think of our latest President so far?