Saturday, November 29, 2008

Coming to Tempe

On Thursday, the 13th, Dad, Mom, and I worked together to load the UHaul trailer full of all my earthly possessions. The couch I was planning on bringing didn't fit, but everything else was packed in perfectly- not a square foot to spare. Shin was in her huge tank in the backseat of the Honda, all my plants were on the floor- I was actually quite impressed with the setup:)



It was a 15-hr drive total, taking a little bit longer because the trailer made us go a little bit slower at parts. Dad had the brilliant idea the second night of letting putting Shin in the bathtub overnight instead of lugging the heavy acquarium into the hotel. It turned out great, except that we had to stow her in the bucket when the shower was used as a shower and she kept trying to escape:) (she's like a really obvious metaphor for high-speed internet... haha)




We arrived in Tempe on Friday night and checked out the Arizona Mills Mall where my "new" store is. It's a lot like the Colorado Mills Mall- same organization & decor, lots of outlet stores.

Saturday was the day for looking at apartments. I'd done some research but needed to really see the places and decide which one would get me to sign a lease. We looked at 5 apartment complexes and a house. I had a hard time choosing... would you expect anything else of me? But I'm still glad about the one I chose:) Soon I'll be putting up pics of my place!

2 comments:

Mary Mac said...

Adam will love this turtle video when I show him tomorrow. turtles are sort of his thing. :)

Bethany said...

Welcome, welcome very belatedly to your new home at the time!