Sunday, August 30, 2009

Baseball, Arizona style

Last night the Arizona Diamondbacks played the Houston Astros and stomped them a whopping nine to nothing. There were a few good plays but for the most part the game was not that exciting because of the apparent gap in skill level. But it was my first D-backs game and I enjoyed it. I loved Chase Field. It was 111 degrees yesterday, but Chase Field is air conditioned. I found the concept a little strange, but not un-American at all. Yes, we love baseball, but we sure love comfort too. I know I do. And they still had hot dogs, so it was good. Then, after the game (and a loud country music concert) they opened up the ceiling


and there was a super-great fireworks show! YAHOO. I rode the light rail there and back with Jessica M, Nikki, Naomi, and Christian. What a party!

(I have a video of fireworks but for some reason it won't upload! grr)

No comments: