Wednesday, November 11, 2009

short update

so many things I could choose to tell you right now.

I've been back at home for two weeks now. I feel a lot has happened in these two weeks. I have begun a renewed search for nursing employment. I have been blessed with an amazing acquaintance that has taken up my cause; she has been a nurse for many years and is helping me be strategic and intentional about this situation. I need to acquire many letters of reference, beef up my resume, tinker with cover letters, and take several classes for Continuing Education credits. At this point, it seems quite a foreboding task. And I am having a hard time being motivated, because I feel the odds are small that I will achieve my objective. Still, I want to try as hard as I can... so that if it doesn't work out, I will know I gave it a good effort. There is also a chance, which I am praying for, that I could get a New Grad position at the hospital where I did my internship over a year ago. Or maybe even somewhere else. That would be soo a w e s o m e.

In these two weeks, I have also begun working at Chipotle here, visited with old friends, fallen back into a rhythm of living with my wonderful family, started running at a mile high, found a great new pair of jeans that actually fits, and planned my first trip back to Arizona. It's true. A week from today I will be there for a 3-day visit. I had been planing to visit from the moment I decided to leave. But thanks to evens that unfolded between that decision and my actual departure, I really want to visit quite soon. What I am referring to is the fact that I am now dating Andrew! He's a wonderful guy I've known for a few months through church, and though the timing is not how we would have planned, we believe that God is at work in this and want to follow whatever path he may have for this. For now that means trying to get to know each other better long-distance.. and lots of prayer. All else I can say is that I find my face covered in a goofy grin quite often these days.

Here's a picture Bonnie took of me in the park my last Sunday in AZ. Kind of a reflective, artsy picture. I like it:)

No comments: