Sunday, March 22, 2009

friends visit

Last week was Spring Break for some. And I was the happy recipient of a visit from Crystal and Melissa! It was such a joy having them here! We went to see the Grand Canyon for a few hours, visited Lauren in Flagstaff, explored a bit of Tempe, and spent a good deal of time just being together- what a blessing to me:)

This is the Grand Canyon.



This is us at Tempe Beach Park.

Then last night, my friends accompanied me on a special trip to Petsmart... I had long been deliberating about getting a new sister for Shin. Part of my problem was that I couldn't think of a name! Finally, I decided there was no need to be terribly original. Shin (which translates to mean Faith from the Japanese) used to have two brothers named Kibo (Hope) and Ai (Love), and what better name for a new turtle than Kibo II??

No comments: