Thursday, March 26, 2009

sunny with a high of 75

My turtles are so funny... Kibo likes to perch on top of Shin on their platform in the "sun." But she is super-jumpy, so any time I come near them (especially with a camera!) they move more quickly than turtles should be able and dive back in the water.

I am moving this week! I wanted to move out of my apartment into something cheaper... even if it meant paying the lease-breaking fees, it would save money. A couple at my church (my small group leaders, Adam & Jessica, actually) offered their spare bedroom. They said they just have a desire to share what God has blessed them with, and to grow in hospitality. What a blessing to me-- a free place to live AND great people to live with! Then I even found someone to take over my apartment lease, so I dont have to pay all those fees! How amazing! I am in the process of moving things over this week, and will officially be out of my apartment by Sunday.

The nursing job search is getting a bit dismal. Hospitals are reacting to the economy, and though there is still a great need for nurses, they have very much slowed their hiring... especially when it comes to new graduates, which require far more financial investment initially. Some hospitals around here have even been laying off nurses in some departments, which of course makes the competition even more fierce for the few existing open positions for the inexperienced such as me. So how grateful I am to have the jobs I have!

Still, I really long to be in health care... my new strategy is to begin as a Nurses Aid. I was a CNA in Colorado at a nursing home, and was going to get my license transfered when I moved here but it turned out I couldnt (all because the class I took was 105 hrs instead of 112 hrs!)...... but now Ive found a loophole that should make me eligible because I am the holder of an in-state RN license! (How many RNs are looking for CNA licenses? hah!) Ill only have to take the written test. I sent in my application today, so hopefully that process can get rolling!

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I miss the little Shin & Kibo. And I miss my Sarah a lot too. I hope your new home is treating you well, and I wish you much love and great community. Love youuuu ;-)