Monday, December 22, 2008

it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Now reading: The Last Sin Eater by Francine Rivers
Now listening to: Advent Songs by Sojourn
Now watching: The Nativity Story

The Christmas season is upon us. It's taken me some time to realize it, but the long hours at the mall with half the store on the floor has helped it sink in. The lights have helped too. I've also found this article interesting. It's about a reporter that's following Mary and Joseph's trek to Bethlehem from Nazareth.

Mostly, it was the sermon at church yesterday about Jesus becoming fully man among broken, desperate people and redeeming us. That's the gospel I need to hear over and over again... I'm so glad I've found a church. I made myself try four, but then gladly went back to Sovereign Grace Church. The family I knew from when they lived in Colorado 9 years ago goes there and told me about it. I have felt so welcome there and delight in the things this church cares about. They have a large and active singles group I have started getting involved with. Hopefully when I return after Christmas I will start the process of joining.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Wow, Sarah. How do you find all these pertinent articles? Are you still at this same church? Did you end up joining it?

Sarah said...

Yes, this is the church I joined. And I'm still soooo glad I did and thankful for these people in my life:)