Thursday, December 11, 2008

what am I doing?

So a few people have asked me... what are you doing with yourself besides working a part-time job, Sarah?

Well, it is leaving me with more time than I'd become used to. In some ways that is incredibly healthy. I no longer have 15 hours of every day scheduled. I'm not running from one class to meetings and hang-out dates just wanting a nap...

So, besides working 25-30 hrs per week at my favorite Clothing Company, I am...
getting plenty of sleep... aah
reading some books for fun... Brave New World & Christy Miller this week:)
settling in... finally putting pictures on the wall, buying tp instead of just kleenex
praying...
talking on the phone...
reading through my box of old journals, saving some, tossing some... it's fun
watching tons of television... almost five hours this week

So it's true and hardly a secret, I'm not up to much lately. But the truth is, I think that more important than WHAT I'm doing is HOW I'm doing. And I'm happy to report that by the very grace of God, I am doing well. He is so faithful to me. I am cherishing this time, much of which is in solitude of sorts. I am also cherishing the relationships I have been able to build. Though not what I had been expecting, I have learned a lot from my friendships here... and I'm cherishing the support and love of my friends and family that aren't here. I am so blessed.

3 comments:

Linnea Mintzer said...

Ah, now you can finally embrace napping . . .

Bethany said...

Praise God. Are you still carving out time to just "be"? Remember one of our Peru lessons.

Sarah said...

Linnea- yes!

And Bethany- yes! I talk more about that in an August post:)