Thursday, June 11, 2009

2 blogs in 1 day, oh my

today I am grateful for a lot... but after having the opportunity to talk to so many of them in the past few days, I would like to express my gratitude for the amazing (far-away) friends that I have.

It's not that I don't have friends here. I have made some, and am becoming better friends with them. It was a great day last Saturday when I realized I had the night off, and invited friends over for pizza and games. The first event of that kind (my initiating and inviting rather than joining) during my time here, so that was nice.

But as I'm forming and deepening friendships here, and still trying to figure out what is going on in life, it is so nice to still have some kind of "community" with people I know and love... and who know and love me-- friends that I am not as "close" to, but still seem to understand me. It has been such a blessing to have their friendship as a "constant" in my life. Even though I miss them tremendously. That was too many "quotes" for one paragraph. But you get the idea.

No comments: