Tuesday, May 26, 2009

another day, another surprise

I woke up this morning and found that Kibo was shedding blood... either she initially hurt herself on the ramp to the basking station that broke (again.. that thing is on its last legs) and then Shin reacted like a shark and took a nip at her, or else Shin just got hungry and attacked unprovoked. (The lady I talked to when I called the vet said that the latter was entirely possible and happens often.) ANYWAY! I have a hurt turtle on my hands:( I decided not to take her to the vet... it would be very expensive, and I just don't think what they would do would be worth it... Shin and Kibo are separated for the time being. Kibo is getting around just fine, so I'm just hoping that her two missing toes and the bite out of her shell don't get infected... EEK

In better news, I got my a/c fixed last week! A friend of a friend that fixes cars from his home gave me a super sweet deal! It was $300 less than the dealer was going to charge for replacing just the clutch, and he replaced the entire compressor. Um, thanks be to God! And God bless David Terry's business!!

Still no real leads on jobs. I've spent too much time the last week or so compiling narrative responses about "why I can deliver professional nursing care" or something equally broad and ambiguous like that, for the VA in Phoenix. I'm really hoping that it works out because something clicked this last week and I'm feeling more at home here than ever before. And for the first time, I feel like leaving here would be rather hard! BUT nursing experience is first on the priority list... I think.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

miss my sarah. love u!!