Thursday, May 14, 2009

is it really the middle of May?!

So, as far as my car... first of all, I was very wrong to say in my last post that my freon was gone. I did not know that; I just knew that my a/c was blowing out hot air! And after several people said, "I wonder if they stole your freon," I started to adopt that as my explanation. BUT it appears they did not tinker with anything under the hood. (I still can't even figure out how they started the car... did they toe it into Phoenix?) And I took Rhonda the Honda (yes, this whole episode has taught me that she needed a name) in for an a/c inspection and it turns out that the problem is that the clutch is not engaging and I need a new a/c clutch. Unfortunately this costs more than just replacing freon.

But I would like to point out that the a/c clutch breaking probably was not caused by someone stealing my car... it probably was going to happen to me last Wednesday anyway. I know from the police that those cars are often found but usually not in such good condition, but I'm guessing that my a/c being broken made my car less desirable. Could it be that the timing of my a/c breaking happened just so that it saved me from being without a car for a long time, or having to fix more necessary parts, or get a new car entirely? I think God has a great sense of humor! Who would have thought I'd be so grateful for my a/c breaking during the hottest May I've experienced?? I'm not sure when I'll get the a/c fixed... but I am just smiling at this situation for some reason.

I have two pics from facebook of the wedding... though I do hope there are more soon:) I love this one of Kimmie and Eric from the five minutes he was in his penguin suit.
And here's James and me... again, I hope for more pics, but this is what I've got for now.


As far as jobs go, I've started applying outside of hospitals in Phoenix, being more aggressive with nursing homes here, and looking to hospitals outside of the area. No news yet. Believe me, when I get a job, you will know!

Last night Jessica graduated! YAY! And they had an extra ticket and I didn't have to work so guess who got to attend the ASU commencement ceremony? Me. And guess who gave the commencement address? The 44th President of the United States, Barack Obama! WAHOO!! I saw the President! He was a very small dot across the football field, but still:) He gave a very inspiring speech. He talked about how great this accomplishment was for all the graduates, but that they shouldn't stop there... none of us should, we should always be pushing ahead, there is more to do. He talked about the "more to do," all the problems in our country and world that we can help change... economically, socially, in the education system.... I'm sure my idea of how to fix these problems, not to mention my motivation for change, is very different. But it was a very good speech:)


The puppies are so big! They were born three weeks ago... at which point I could easily hold one in the palm of my hand.... now they've more than doubled in weight.. and size! Little Number 1 licking my hand... awww

No comments: