Wednesday, May 6, 2009

"Welcome to Phoenix," said the police officer

Turns out that Hondas from the mid-90s are the #1 car in the area on the "likely to be stolen" list. I found that out today when I was filing a stolen vehicle report.

It's true! I had just put in my notice at the mall... the idea is to have more time to invest in looking for nursing work. And I really will have a lot more time and energy for this important task, that is worth far more than that small paycheck. Then I walked outside, and my car wasn't there...

The officer showed me the stats on vehicles stolen from the mall parking lot in the past years. Over half of them were Honda Civics or Accords! And most most of them were recovered within two days, most within a couple miles of the mall. He tried to assure me that it will be found soon, perhaps with parts removed so someone could make a racing car like on The Fast and the Furious, but probably still driveable.

I had no idea that this was an area full of "underground Honda factories"... and am wishing that I had been smart enough to use a Club (but I honestly never thought about it!) or get comprehensive insurance (but I didn't think it could ever be worth it!)

Now, I am praying, and would ask you to join me, that the car is found quickly and with minimal damage. Eek.

No comments: